space2grieve is recruiting trustees
Are you passionate about making a positive impact, making a difference in your community?
We are currently looking to strengthen our trustee team and will be at the Richmond CVS Trustee Recruitment Evening at @RHACC_College on Wednesday 20 September 2023, 6pm – 8pm.
If you are able to attend, register at www.richmondcvs.org.uk and come and find us!
who are we?
space2grieve is a local charity comprising a team of highly trained volunteer Bereavement Specialists offering free, confidential bereavement support to anyone who lives in the Richmond borough who has been bereaved by any means, at any time.
We offer specialist support to children and young people and unique Parenting through Grief sessions for parents.
We also run compassionate cuppa, a monthly free drop in grief café, to enable peer-to-peer support for local bereaved residents.
what are we looking for?
We are looking for trustees who can meet the following person specification:
- Passion for our Mission: Commitment to the space2grieve charity objects, ethos and values; an understanding of the benefits a therapeutic approach can bring to bereavement support
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to think critically, provide valuable insights and contribute to the strategic direction of the charity
- Leadership Experience: Previous experience in governance roles, preferably as a trustee within the charity or nonprofit sector; good understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Collaborative Approach: Willingness to work effectively within a team of trustees and collaborate with staff; capable of building relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Time Commitment: Availability to attend regular trustee meetings and contribute additional time as needed; able to commit for a minimum of 3 years.
- Resident of Richmond borough
- Holder of current and transferrable DBS certificate
what difference will you make?
By joining the trustee team you will contribute to the long-term stability of space2grieve and the continuation of a free specialist bereavement service for the residents of Richmond borough.
Our trustees are key to ensuring that this valued bereavement service “no matter when, no matter how” maintains a reputation for professionalism and compassion.
our application process
If you would like to find out more about our trustee vacancies please feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org