We are excited to announce that we are looking to recruit volunteer Bereavement Supporters to join our dedicated Specialist Team at space2grieve.
We are a local bereavement support service, offering free, confidential one-to-one support to anyone living in the Richmond Borough.
space2grieve is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, enabling everyone to make a difference through volunteering and voluntary sector organisations.
what we are looking for
essential requirements for Bereavement Support Specialists
- experience of working in a person-centred environment
- experience of using active listening skills
- awareness of own personal issues around death
- ability to manage sensitively and with compassion the needs of the client, remaining professional at all times
- ability to be self-reflective, autonomous and to practice self-care
- awareness and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and the implications for supporting bereaved clients
- available for a minimum of 2 client hours per week with the monthly addition of 2 supervision hours
- commitment to attend the full training programme, induction and additional CPD
If you want to make a difference to the lives of people in their grief, we would welcome your application.
A full programme of training will be provided, which will include a mix of both theory and practice, allowing plenty of opportunity for skills development, particularly in active listening.
There will be pre-course reading and preparation prior to training. Training will take place on the following dates and it is a course requirement that you attend all sessions, induction and complete a safeguarding module.
- Introduction Wednesday 7th June 7.00pm – 9.30pm
- Session 1 Saturday 17th June 10am – 4pm
- Session 2 Saturday 1st July 10am – 4pm
- Session 3 Saturday 15th July 10am – 4pm
- Session 4 Saturday 29th July 10am – 4pm
The cost of the full training is £300 which is payable ahead of the course. We do recognise that there are circumstances where the cost of training may be prohibitive. Please do inform us at the interview stage.
Please register your interest to email@example.com. You will then be required to complete and return an application form by 19 May 2023. References will be required.
Interviews will be held on 24 and 31 May 2023.
NB. As we are a small new charity, we are unable to consider students wishing to volunteet as part of a counselling course.