We are excited to announce that space2grieve is recruiting specialist volunteers to join our dedicated team in supporting Children and Young People (CYP).
space2grieve is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, enabling everyone to make a difference through volunteering and voluntary sector organisations.
If you want to make a difference to the lives of children, young adults and families in their grief, then we welcome your application.
what we are looking for
Bereavement Support Specialist CYP
- Experience working with children in a professional capacity.
- Experience in using counselling skills in a work environment or be a trained counsellor
- Awareness and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and the implications for supporting bereaved clients
- Commitment to attend the full training programme and induction, including completing the written requirements of the course.
- Commitment to complete level 2 CYP safeguarding course whilst training with s2g
Full specification available on request see below
A full programme of training will be provided, which will include a mix of both theory and practice, allowing plenty of opportunity for skills development, particularly in active listening.
There will be pre-course reading and preparation prior to training. Training will take place on the following dates and it is a course requirement that you attend all sessions:
Saturday 18 February – 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Wednesday 22 February – 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm
Sunday 5 March – 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Wednesday 15 March – 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm
Saturday 18 March – 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Saturday 25 March – 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
The cost of the full training is £350 which is payable by Friday 27 January 2023. We do recognise that there are circumstances where the cost of training may be prohibitive. Please do inform us at the interview stage.
who are we?
space2grieve offers free, confidential, one-to-one bereavement support to anyone living in Richmond Borough. Highly-trained bereavement support specialists are here to listen, understand, and support and help those bereaved find a way forward.
For more information on the personal specification and to receive an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org